High Performance Vision Inspection Systems
Optimise quality control with powerful vision inspection systems from Matthews. Designed to fit your business, Matthews’ vision inspection systems help you improve product quality, promote efficiency, and ultimately improve your bottom line.
Vision inspection is an automated, non-invasive and cost-effective way to check (physical characteristics of products) that goods meet specifications. Accurately, quickly and objectively. Using cameras and software, the system visually inspects and analyses products against predetermined tolerances and criteria for your production line – in real-time and without operator intervention.
Implement Matthews’ vision inspection systems to:
- Check closures for tamper seals, correct caps by colour, dimensions etc
- Inspect presence, position and formation of codes e.g. date code, barcode
- Validate presence and position of labels, match labels to other elements
- Inspect product for fill levels, product content, shape, size etc
- Inspect empty bottles, cans, tubes, boxes, tubs, and other rigid containers to ensure they meet dimensional and cosmetic requirements
- Sort products based on marking
Benefits of Vision Inspection
Our vision inspection systems make sure products are labelled and filled correctly, in-spec, compliant and shelf-ready – straight off the production line. This empowers your business to:
- Automate quality control – enjoy a reliable system that delivers time and time again
- Collect real-time quality data every time a product passes through for inspection
- Optimise throughput – use data to react to upstream issues faster
- Improve overall quality – use data to fix issues upstream
- Enable lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Save costs – reduce waste and manual efforts
Fully integrated solutions
Automate the entire packaging process and increase efficiencies with a fully integrated solution. Matthews can integrate your coding and labelling systems with vision inspection systems – all managed by our iDSnet software. For example, if the vision system identifies that a label is wrongly positioned, missing or incorrect, iDSnet can trigger a process for this product to be directed to a different path for label reapplication or straight to the reject bin.