Vision Inspection Systems
Vision systems are an important tool on production lines to inspect product quality in real-time. Matthews’ vision inspection systems and integrated vision solutions are designed to help you make your packaging process leaner and more reliable, so you can drive a sustainable competitive advantage.
Automated, real-time inspection
Matthews provides an advanced range of vision systems for inspection, guidance, identification, measurement, tracking and counting – in many diverse industries.
We can provide solutions to:
- Check closure seals
- Inspect presence, position and formation of a code
- Validate presence and positioning of labels
- Check graphics/ design elements
- Inspect product for fill levels, content, shape, size etc.
- Inspect rigid containers (e.g. bottles, cans, boxes) to ensure they meet dimensional and cosmetic requirements
- Sort products based on marking
Vision Technology Solution
Vision inspection solutions are typically built with several components including:
||Other integration considerations:
- Lighting/ Illumination
- Cameras/ Lenses
- Controller/ PLC/ PC
- Material Handling
- Controlling software
- Stand alone vs. integrated
- Tested across product range on the line
- Training & ongoing maintenance
- Initial programming
To scope the project and recommend the right technology, we consider several factors including:
- Number of products and variants that run on the line
- Type of inspection (Code, Presence, Gauging, OCR, OCV, Pattern Match)
- What constitutes a pass or fail
- Handling of rejects
We would recommend the best fit solution (Cognex, SICK, Datalogic or any other) based on your application requirements.
Complete integrated solution
You can have a complete solution by integrating your coding and labelling systems with vision inspection systems – all managed by Matthews’ iDSnet software. With iDSnet managing the product identification process, you can rest assured that the right code is placed on the right product at the right time. Vision inspection systems can be implemented as part of the solution to verify code/label presence, position and formation. And where there is no code/label present, the product can be directed to a reject bin or to a different conveyer to get recoded. The result is a completely automated packaging process and greater efficiencies.
In addition, iDSnet Manager can provide full reports on reject rates, reject reasons, and more.
Contact Matthews to find out the most suitable vision inspection solution for your application.